Wednesday, July 18, 2012

(Sometimes) Pictures Speak Louder...


Short on words, long on photos on this hot summer day. Enjoy.

Praying mantid, watching me from the Lacinato Kale.

Blue jay, panting, hot, on a July afternoon.


Blue jay, panting, and not caring that I am just a foot away.



A cool chrysalis that I found in the Kale. Tied some thread around it and stretched it across a jar.


The next day, something hatched. It's a cabbage moth!

This guy really freaked me out. I stumbled upon it while out on a late night garden check. I turned over a big broccoli leaf and there it was ... a cicada, molting at midnight.

Mackenzie, releasing lady beetles.

Lady beetle on a leaf.

Beautiful heirloom tomatoes and peppers.



"When the world wearies and society fails to satisfy
There is always the garden."
-- Minnie Aumonier


No comments:

Post a Comment